Top 10 Applications
Obtaining the most votes for your award nomination is just the beginning.
If you are one of the lucky few, to make it through to the Top 10, you will progress to the next stage... the judging!
As a finalist you will be given one month to provide our expert panel of judges, a more detailed application outlining why you deserve the award. These applications will then be assessed to determine our Top 5 finalists, who will be featured at our Awards Ceremony in February 2013.
To help you stay one-step ahead, and prepare to be one of those lucky top 10, we have summarized below the key information you will be asked to provide as part of this process.
- Two years of recent financial statements, this could include: income statement, pro-forma balance sheets, and annual cash flow statements.
- Your company’s track record of financial success.
- Your corporate responsibility strategy and how you balance this with revenue generation.
- How you empower and mentor your management and staff.
- Your company’s vision and goals for the future.
- The strategies you use to keep employees employed.
- The challenges you have had to overcome.
- Description of your concept, products or services, including your unique selling proposition.
- How idea will be profitable, and make money.
- Who your target market is and how they will benefit.
- Your management team and how they will contribute to your success.
- Your growth strategy.
- An executive summary, including a summary of financial projections.
- Your company health and safety practices and how you track and measure their effectiveness.
- How you ensure profitability while keeping your employees employed.
- Your recruitment and retention strategies.
- How you encourage and engage employees, including how you recognize and reward them.
- Your company’s successes and achievements over the last two years.
Best Green Business
- How your leadership has provided support for energy and environmental policies in your business.
- The key energy efficiency projects you have implemented in the last two years, including how you measure their effectiveness and track the results.
- Your ongoing commitment to environmental sustainability and energy efficiency.
- How you engage your community in energy conservation activities.
Best Community Impact
- Description of the specific activities you engage in that have a positive impact on the community.
- How you have invested or reinvested in your community.
- How you measure the social, environmental and financial outcomes of your business.
- Share examples of your diversity and inclusion work.
- Provide three peer references who consider you to be a leader in your community.
- Demonstrate how your business has had a positive impact on your local community.
Best Online Marketer
- The specific goals and objectives of the your campaign and how they align with your overall company goals.
- Your strategy behind integrating email marketing and social media together in the campaign.
- The strategies you used to make the campaign creative, original and relevant to your audience.
- How your campaign increased customer and community engagement with your business.
- The investment that you made to execute the campaign.
- The overall impact of the campaign on your business, providing metrics to demonstrate this impact.
- Examples of the positive results of the campaign, including but not limited to: Google analytics reports, social media metric reports, emarketing metric reports, screenshot examples of engagement.